Visitors are welcome to Harris Academy Riverside.
We believe that our students are learning at every moment; from the time they enter the academy grounds until the time they leave. In this context, adults in the academy building are likely to influence our students and therefore we ask that visitors remember that they are role models for students.
We want our students to develop outstanding habits of behaviour which will prepare them for life after their academic careers. We expect them to follow various protocols in order to build these habits. We advise our students that science tells us that we have to do the right thing 21 times until it becomes part of our nature.
Please help us to reinforce these habits rather than undermine or break them by acting as a positive influence; as a role model for outstanding behaviour.
- please dress professionally for your visit
- please act with kindness and compassion to others
- please treat everyone with respect
- please do not eat or drink in corridors or class rooms
- please do not use your mobile 'phone in front of students
- please respect our concept of calm in corridors and
- please respect the complete silence during our 'calm starts' from approximately 9.00 to 9.20, 11.10 until approximately 11.30 and from 1.35 until approximately 1.55.
In order to keep our students safe.
- please contact Mrs Jassal or Mrs Berry on 01375 802060 to discuss what documentation you may need to bring to satisfy our safeguarding procedures. We may ask you to bring proof of ID and your DBS certificate if you have one
- please follow the instructions on our 'visitor welcome' leaflet; in particular in respect of the lanyard you are asked to wear.
Should you have any concern about a student during your visit to the academy, please ask to speak to Mr Betts or Miss Smith immediately and report it.
We hope your visit to the academy is productive and that you will feel as inspired as we do by our students.