As an academy we want to make sure that we are providing your child with the best education and support we can. We encourage all parents who receive certain benefits to apply for Free school meal for their children.
Your child may be entitled to free school meals if you’re in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit – provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Universal Credit – provided your total net earnings are no more than £616.67 each month
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
You may also be able to claim free school meals for your child if you have 'no recourse to public funds' – for example, if you cannot claim benefits.
If you are eligible for free school meals you are not obliged to accept them. However, we encourage parents to apply as when you do the school gains additional funding (called Pupil Premium).
This funding can provide valuable support like extra tuition, additional teaching staff or after-school activities for eligible students.
To find out if your child is entitled to free school meals, and help us gain extra funding for the academy, go to the Free School Meals Eligibility Checker.
Please note that this website is linked to the government’s data which cross checks your eligibility for Free School Meals.
You can also apply through the borough by visiting https://www.thurrock.gov.uk/school-meals/free-school-meals