Teaching & Learning
Harris Academy Riverside provides an exciting 4 strand curriculum for our students, to support and challenge all.
We ensure that teachers and support staff have access to the highest quality training to ensure they deliver lessons and learning experiences which support and challenge all our students.
We base our teaching approach around our 6 Principles
- High expectations and active engagement
- Quality first teaching for all
- Challenge at all levels
- Internalisation as key
- Effective feedback
- And adaptative teaching
These aim to ensure that:
- Meet the needs and aspirations of all students, making any reasonable adjustments where necessary to ensure all students successfully access the curriculum offer.
- High achieving students are given opportunities to stretch and challenge their learning
- There are planned opportunities for students to develop their personal potential through our pastoral and personal development curriculums
- We provide a consistent approach towards learning and teaching in every classroom which will help our students excel
- We Identify students’ achievements and areas for improvement through rigorous monitoring of progress and to plan appropriate interventions to enhance learning
- Support for all staff in developing and improving the quality of learning and teaching
- all staff with developmental opportunities to extend and enhance their range of teaching and repertoires
- support and guidance for staff to deliver skills beyond their own subject specialism and incorporate cross-curricular initiatives, in particular Literacy and Numeracy
The policies below provide further details on how the academy support and progress the aims outlined above.