Equalities & Additional Intervention
We believe that all children should be equally valued at our Academy. We will strive to eliminate prejudice and discrimination, and to develop an environment where all children can flourish and feel safe. We have a range of agreed policies.
Harris Academy Riverside is committed to inclusion and part of the Academy’s strategic planning involves developing cultures, policies and practices that include all learners. We aim to engender a sense of community and belonging, and to offer new opportunities to learners who may have experienced previous difficulties. This does not mean that we will treat all learners in the same way, but that we will respond to learners in ways that take in to account their varied life experiences and needs.
We believe that educational inclusion is about equal opportunities for all learners, whatever their demographic. We pay particular attention to the provision for and the achievement of different groups of learners:
- Students from families that are financially disadvantaged (PP - Pupil Premium)
- Students who arrive with below nationally expected ability in any area (LAPs)
- Boys or Girls
- Students from minority faiths, ethnicities, travellers, asylum seekers, refugees
- Students who have English as an additional language (EAL)
- Students who have Special Educational Needs or a Disability (SEND)
- Students who are Gifted and Talented (G&T)
- Students who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Transgender (LGBT)
- Students who are Looked After Children (LAC)
- Young carers, sick children, children from families under stress
Free School Meals
The Academy writes to all parent/carers whose children are entitled to free school meals. We also assure parents that all matters regarding use of this fund are treated with discretion and in confidence. Parents/Carers can check their eligibility and apply online without having to discuss the details of their circumstances with anyone at the Academy via the My Free School Meals web site at https://www.myfreeschoolmeals.com/