At HARI we believe that access to a wide range of professional learning opportunities, personalised to the needs of our staff, is integral to the future development of the academy and the personal growth of everyone.
We draw on the wealth of experience offered by our staff and the very latest in educational research to provide evidence informed continuous professional development for teachers and support staff at every level.
The aims of our personal and professional development offer are:
- Promote subject-specific knowledge amongst our staff, as the primary and purest form of professional development through our subject knowledge enhancement programme
- Develop our teachers core teaching skills, with a focus on research-informed pedagogy through our Attitudes and Habits for Excellence training
- Support staff with different aspects of classroom practice through our Developing and Embedding programmes
- Provide an opportunity for experienced teachers to engage with research and even create their own through our Research Learning Community
- develop the leadership skills of our teaching staff through our Building Leadership courses
- develop working relationships with secondary schools both inside and outside the Federation, including locally
- Widen access and participation to the wide range of Harris Federation CPD opportunities
See below for an overview of our programmes