Investors in People
"We invest in people"
Harris Academy Riverside are working with Investors in People on our 3-year accreditation ‘We invest in people.’ It is our belief that the people within our academy are the most valuable commodity and our organisational success is down to successfully motivating and retaining our talented staff.
This accreditation allows us to share, and celebrate, the already excellent work we do across 9 areas, as well as gain detailed insight into how we can build capacity and capability within our team.
The 9 areas are:
1. Leading and inspiring people. Leaders are trusted members of the academy. They clearly communicate the academy’s objectives and motivate and inspire people to work towards them.
2. Living the organisations’ values and behaviours. Everyone, at every level works with the academy's values in mind all the time. And they have the courage and support to challenge anyone who isn’t doing the same.
3. Empowering and involving people. There’s a culture of trust and responsibility in the academy. Each person feels ownership over their role and empowered to make decisions.
4. Managing Performance. Leaders and people alike set the right objectives, track their progress and act on other people’s feedback.
5. Rewarding and recognising high performance. The academy rewards people when they do well. People feel motivated always to do their best.
6. Structuring work. Each role is designed in a way that works towards the academy's, is rewarding and encourages collaboration.
7. Building capability. Leaders develop their people and make sure they’re given everything they need to thrive. And the academy hires the right people, at the right time, for the right roles.
8. Delivering continuous improvement. The academy is always looking for ways to improve. Leaders will look beyond their profession for inspiration, and any new approaches they find are welcomed by a culture that encourages innovation.
9. Creating sustainable success. Leaders are aware of how the world around their academy is changing over time and are making the right internal changes not just to keep up, but to stay ahead.