Keeping staff and students healthy and positive
The main priority at this time is to keep our students and staff healthy and positive.
In doing so the academy follows all guidance provided in line with the government's COVID-19 response.
Staff cover. The academy's staff are considered critical key workers. However, only staff who are essential and cannot work from home attend. Staff members attend on a rota basis. The academy is providing a skeleton staff which at all times ensures adequate heath and safety and fire regulation cover, security, teaching, supervision, communications, medical, mental health, safeguarding and pastoral care.One member of the senior leadership team is always present when students are in attendance. Staff who are not essential to the safe and effective running of the academy are not allowed in the building.
Cleaning. The academy maintains its usual cleaning team. Most areas of the academy have been thoroughly cleaned and shut to every day use. Apart from individual members of staff using offices, the vast majority of use is restricted to the ground floor.The academy has 'hand sanitiser' stations throughout the building. While the academy maintains small numbers of students during this period, a member of cleaning staff circulates the open areas of the building continuously wiping down and disinfecting populated areas.
Social distancing. The academy enforces social distancing in every aspect of its operations during this period.
Isolation and vulnerable persons. The academy identifies and responds to the self identification of staff members and students who show symptoms of coronavirus or who fall into the vulnerable categories - outlined from time to time by government guidance; or who care for such persons. Such persons are not allowed on to the academy site.
Positive contact with staff and students. The academy has launched various projects to promote positivity among staff and students during this difficult period. These include;
- Send us your inspiration - a challenge to students to send the academy letters, speeches, videos or pictures which promote positivity or which may inspire others
- Staff and students' fitness challenge - a challenge to staff to identify and produce a video of a 30 second fitness activity which students can copy at home
- Items of interest; a page of videos available on the website which promote support and positivity
- Enhanced socia media presence - increased twitter actvity
- HARIHUB Whatsapp! a facility for students to contact the academy to tell us how they are doing socially, mentally, physically and academically.
- Welfare calls - a systematic program of calls (or visits) to students to check on social, mental, physical or academic welfare.