Students in year 7 will read and study a number of works of literature in year 7.
More details will follow but the first novel that students will study is ‘Boy’ by Roald Dahl.
This novel is a very popular novel which can be studied at primary school and in secondary school and is often used as a GCSE text later in a student’s career in some schools.
In order to get ahead, students would be advised to
1. read the novel (and again if a student has already read it.)
2. consider how the book makes us feel; which parts are particularly likely to stir emotions or be remembered?
3. ensure that he or she is familiar with the plot – what happened when?
4. consider one or two of the most important characters; what are they like?
· how does Roald Dahl paint a picture of the character? How much is described by the way they move, speak or act?
5. consider one or two of the turning points in the story
· how are they written? Why are they important?
More details will be added to this page so that parents are aware of the content for the year.